Friday, June 17, 2011

Flowers!!!!

I have a new flower bed this year, and I have had so much fun filling it up. Did you know that you can go to Lowe's, or whatever home improvement store you have with a large gardening center, and that they have a clearance plant center? These are nearly dead, or sometimes just a little ragged, plants that are drastically maked down to clearance prices. I have filled my bed with plants either grown from seed or obtained from the clearance area and brought back to life with water and Miracle Gro. Here are some photos:
I have vegetables, herbs, and flowers all together in my little garden. We are already enjoying cucumbers, onions, basil, thyme, rosemary, dill, oregano, chives, and on and on... I love walking out my front door and picking something to put into a recipe. Wonderful!!

Julie

5 comments:

Roseanne said...

You garden look lovely. Well you would not now that all those plant was nearly dead you have done a great job bring them all back to health.

Anonymous said...

All that hard work is paying off, most satisfying to gather from your own garden, well done.

Kay said...

Lucky you, Julie! I wish I could grow cucumbers. I've got rosemary, but I never use it. It's just one of those plants that I can't kill. :-)

Kay said...

Lucky you, Julie! I wish I could grow cucumbers. I've got rosemary, but I never use it. It's just one of those plants that I can't kill. :-)

Isabella said...

Your garden sure is productive my hubby also likes companion gardening , I have started a rose garden this year and just love it to bits , soo happy to see you back (took me a while though SORRY )