Sunday, March 27, 2011

Greater Atlanta Quilt Shop Hop

I fell in love with this quilt on the porch at Little Quilts in Atlanta (Marietta actually). I can't believe I forgot to bring my camera, or I would have had so many neat pictures. I took this one with my phone. The GAQSH includes 11 shops. I only drove up Saturday afternoon and was able to hit four shops. I wish I had done more, and maybe next year I will. I actually did the whole hop the first year they had it, and haven't done another one since. With two kids it was just too much to ask of them to visit all those quilt shops, and it was too much to ask anyone to keep them for me for all those days. Maybe they are old enough now, at 14 and 12, that I can freely hop again. :0)

I hit my favorite shops first. Little Quilts, Red Hen, Tiny Stitches, and then a new one - Stitch 'n Quilt in Mableton. It was a really nice shop and the ladies in there were laughing and having the best time. My kind of shop! Of course, I can never go wrong with my old favorites. Little Quilts has some nice primitive items, needlepunch, wool, rug hooking, plus loads of fabric. Red Hen is just great! Tiny Stitches is too. I guess my all-around favorite is Little Quilts, but it is really hard to choose.

I enjoyed my weekend, but didn't get a bit of sewing done. Oh well, maybe next time!

Julie

6 comments:

Kay said...

I'm impressed with what a good picture your phone can take.

Isabella said...

Sounds like you had one fun time there

Oddbjørg said...

There's an award waiting for you on my blog.

Nancy J said...

hi Julie, I saw your comment on Tanya's site re the Alabama Beauty block, so I sent an email, it was returned. The site is lindafranz.com and you scroll down to the bottom and can download different patterns. Hope this helps. Like us all I feel for Tanya and all others in Japan with the day to day problems Cheers Nancy J in New Zealand.

Tink's Tinkerings said...

the last time i went to a quilt show, I went everday for 3 days and stayed all day, I was just in ah at all the beautiful quilts, some over 100 years old. Love to look but could never make them, well never say never but you know what I mean, so much work and just beautiful.

Roseanne said...

Hi julie you need to get back in to your blogging lol.....