Renee tagged me - YIKES! - almost a month ago!! I have been putting off doing this because I am not sure I can think of 7 interesting things about myself that you don't already know. Well, here goes - this may take a little while as I rack my brain.
1. I am terrified of large grasshoppers and cockroaches.
2. I live across the street from my brother, three houses down the street from my sister, and on the opposite corner of the block from my mother.
3. I had a hard time figuring out what I wanted to be when I grew up. I have degrees in speech pathology, business, and education!!! I also got a double minor in anthropology, and spent several summers in "field school" doing archaeological digs of an old Creek Indian village.
4. I love to bake! I made oatmeal banana nut bread Friday and am thinking about baking peanut butter cookies today.
5. I have always wanted to take several weeks and go on a cross-country trip. I want to drive all the way to California across the southern part of the U.S. and then come back across the northern part, stopping at anything that seems interesting and visiting as many National Parks as I can.
6. My great grandfather was a convicted murderer who escaped from the federal prison in Atlanta. He moved to Oklahoma and took an assumed name, married, and started a whole new family. He got away with it for many years, but got drunk with some friends one night and told them the whole story. He was then arrested and put back into prison.
7. My grandfather abandoned his family during the Great Depression after my grandmother told him that if he couldn't come home sober, to not come home at all. He left and never came back! He left my grandmother with 5 children to raise alone in that terrible time. They lived in a two room house that they shared with another family. We never knew what had become of him. I did some research and found out that he had died in Spokane, Washington, in the 1950's. He was indigent and was buried with no marker. My mom then paid for a marker and we have always wanted to go out there to see it.
Well, Renee - thanks for allowing me the opportunity to talk about things I otherwise would not have talked about. Now I am going to tag the following bloggers because I would like to know more about them:
Roseanne at Razzy's Special Place
Marion at Villa Kunterbunt
Jo at Jo in Tas
Ladies, I hope you will join in. I enjoyed it - but I did procrastinate about the post. Now I am glad I did it. Thank you Renee, for tagging me!