Saturday, January 23, 2010

Wow, Take a Look at This!



Can you believe what I got from Carol at Cornfield Quilter. I signed up for her PIF and THIS is what she sent me??? Wow! It is an entire BOM kit for a bed-sized quilt. I am flabbergasted. I can't wait to get my sewing room up and running so that I can start on it. Maybe this will be my project for retreat this year.
Thank you so much, Carol. You really made my day at a time of my life when I have been down in the dumps.
I have had other good things happen to me lately. Finally, knock on wood, my luck seems to be changing. I finally signed the papers to close on my house refinance. I now have a much lower interest rate, a lower monthly payment, and ...... BONUS...... some money back. I got just enough money back to get some much needed work done to my house. Things continue to improve! Also, I am starting to take better care of myself. Have you heard of Zumba? Wow, is it fun! And I am working out with Zumba at our Community Center with a room full of other women. We are having a ball and getting into shape. My goal, to get into a shape other than round. More on that later.
Stay tuned....my daughter was in the pageant last night. She wasn't a pageant winner, but she was a winner as far as I am concerned. I will be posting pictures soon.
Julie

4 comments:

Amy said...

What a wonderful post Julie! Oh, to hear such great news from you really puts a smile on my face.
And yes, an absolutely beautiful PIF gift!!! Enjoy and here's to even more good news for the future.

Roseanne said...

I am glade thing are looking up for you julie. and that BOM look realy good. keep your chin up and keep happy.

Cornfield Quilter said...

Today is the first day of the rest of your life, your future looks bright and you have a wonderful family! Hugs!!!

Angela said...

What a beautiful quilt kit from Carol! I was one of her PIFs as well! Arent we lucky?
I will visit more again soon!