Saturday, September 6, 2008

Blog Award, Pattymelon, Tasmanian Devil

I finally won an award! I am so excited that Katie from And Sometimes I Quilt gave me the Kreativ Blogger Award. Thank you so much for thinking of me, Katie. For my part I am to bestow the award on five other bloggers. I am excited to do this! I have seen so many awards given to bloggers who already had been given the same award, and I am going to try to not do this.Here are the rules of the Award:



1. The winner may put the logo on her blog.



2. Put a link to the person you got the award from.



3. Nominate 5 blogs



4. Put links to the blogs.



5. Leave a message for your nominees.







The following are my nominees:







1. Roseanne at Razzy's Special Place. Razzy makes beautiful quilts and has so much fun with her handsome little grandsons. She also taught me what a Patty Melon is and showed me what a REAL Tasmanian Devil looks like!!



2. Catherine at Highland Quilter. Catherine is an educator - like me!! and has many, many UFO's - like me!!! She does beautiful work and I enjoy seeing photos of her projects.



3. Brenda at Pumpkin Patch Primitives. Brenda is a great inspiration for me. Like me, she LOVES Halloween and doesn't call it a "Fall Celebration." Unlike me, she is a very prolific quilter. I admire her and love her "Halloweenie" quilts.


4. Jo at Jo in Tas. Jo is a great quilter who lives in Tasmania. I love the embroidery projects she does. She got me hooked on Tim Tam Balls. Now to find a way to get some more....


5. Rhonda at Doxies on my Quilt. Rhonda made one of the most beautiful Boxy Stars quilts I have ever seen. I just love the colors on it. She also does some awesome crazy quilting stitchery.


Thank you Katie. And I am glad to have "met" you in Blogland.


Here are pictures of the Pattymelon and Tasmanian Devil - permission of Roseanne granted to use on my blog (thanks.)



Isn't this just the cutest little thing? Roseanne raised it herself. It is a Pattymelon (small kangaroo or wallabee I think) and is named Bongroo.

This last photo is a Tasmania Devil. It doesn't look anything like the cartoon one, does it? Roseanne says they call it a Tessie Devil. I wonder what it is eating? Roseanne also sent me several kangaroo photos. I love them. Thanks, Roseanne!

Julie






5 comments:

Roseanne said...

I am glad you like my photo's that I sent you .Bongroo is in a wild live park here in Tasmainia now .

Roseanne said...

Thank you for my blog award Julie .I will try some time this week to put it on my blog.It is fathers day her today so I will be busy visiting my dad today. I have put your blog on my favourite friends list on my blog ...

Kris said...

Those Tasmanian Devils are scary! They're not very big but can be quite ferocious. They are carnivores so I guess the one in your photo would be eating meat! At the moment Tasmanian Devil numbers in the wild are being devastated by a facial cancer which is spread by bites inflicted during fights between devils. Experts had grave fears for the continuation of the species. They have recently found a gene that enables some devils to be resistant to the facial cancers so there is now hope that they won't become extinct. My 14 year old son counts them as one of his favourite animals so we all know quite a bit about them. Sorry if this was not only long, but also boring! Lol

Rhonda said...

Hi Julie,
Thank you for the lovely award. I'll post it on my blog soon. :-)

Thank you for posting pics of a Pattylemon and Tassie Devils... and the comment from Kris on Tas. Devil is very interesting... not boring at all.

Kay said...

Congratulations on your blog award. You most certainly deserve it. That Tasmanian Devil certainly does not look like the cartoons. Actually, it's rather cute.