Friday, March 21, 2008

Here I am!!


I have been negligent about posting to my blog lately. I resolve to do better!! Work and quilting have kept me very busy. We are gearing up for SAT-10 testing in two weeks and we have to make sure all our objectives are covered and that we have practiced, practiced, practiced for the SAT-10. It is a shame that teaching and learning have come to center around testing instead of learning. :-( Science and history and every other subject except for reading and math are falling to the wayside!!

Yesterday was the first day of spring!! Daffodils have been blooming for weeks and my dogwood is nearly in full bloom. Azaleas are already blooming too. I need to take pictures and post them. I will try to do that later today.
Above is a photo of a Bricks and Stepping Stones quilt that I made for a friend who had lung cancer. He was one of the small percentage of people who get lung cancer even though they have never smoked. Unfortunately, he died last week. His family decided to use the quilt on the casket instead of a floral spray. What an honor. Bob, you are already greatly missed!! We know where you are and are happy in that knowledge.

Thanks, Oma, for inspiring me to post again!!

Julie

No comments: